Meetings and Events
The Society conducts a Spring Annual Meeting in conjunction with the U.S.-Canadian division of the International Academy of Pathology (USCAP), attracting large numbers of registrants from both organizations. In addition, the Society holds a Fall Meeting each year at various pediatric institutions throughout North America. The Fall Meeting includes the presentation of papers and a symposium that draws upon the expertise of local faculty. An informal atmosphere allows for interchange among colleagues and an opportunity to visit the institutions of peers. Since 1978 the Society has presented the Sidney Farber Lecture which features an in depth view of current topics in developmental pathology.
2017 Fall Meeting will be in Denver, CO
September 7-10, 2017
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
Fall Meeting Quicklinks
Please select this link to reserve your room: Book your group rate for SPP 2017 Fall Meeting
- Room Rates
- $199.00 - Single/Double/Triple/Quad
Airport Transportation Information
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection is 28 miles southwest from the Denver International Airport (DEN). The host hotel does not provide shuttle service. SuperShuttle is an option to alternate transportation from the airport to the hotel upon request. Estimated SuperShuttle fare is 22 USD (one way). Estimated taxi fare is 60 USD (one way).
Delta Airlines Discount
Taking advantage of this discount is easy! Just click the “Advanced Search” link on www.delta.com and enter NMPN3 in the box that says “Meeting Event Code.” If your flight qualifies for a discount, it will automatically be applied to your search results. We suggest using this discount to book your SPP flight.
On-site parking is 15 USD hourly, 47 USD daily
Valet parking only, 47 USD per day with in & out privileges
The average daytime high temperature in Denver, Colorado in September is 80°F (27°C); the average low temperature is 49°F (9°C). Because people have varying sensitivities to temperatures in hotel meeting rooms, please bring a sweater or other warm clothing to wear inside the hotel.
The Society for Pediatric Pathology will be soliciting abstracts for consideration for presentation at the upcoming 2017 Fall Meeting to be held September 7-10 in Denver, CO at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. Click here to begin the abstract submission process.
Please review the instructions below carefully.
Rules for Abstract Submission
- Submission deadlines— The online abstract submission will open May 8, 2017. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Electronic submissions must be received by June 5, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Central Time. Electronic submissions not received before the deadline will not be accepted for review.
- Disclosure Statement—Disclosures are collected once the program committee has selected abstracts for presentation.
- Verification of receipt—Notification of receipt will be emailed to the contact author within 2 business days of abstract receipt.
- Abstract fee—There is a $45 processing fee for each abstract submission. Credit Card payment must be completed on the Submit Abstract page to complete the submission process.
- Additional information—Additional information, including author instructions, will be available on the abstract submission site.
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact Patricia Ferchland-Bingham at PFerchland-Bingham@kellencompany.com, or call 847-686-2374.