A searchable, curated research analytics platform which includes hundreds of placental images and molecular datasets. Sponsored by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
A recent (2016) paper outlining consensus guidelines for gross and microscopic placenta examination including recommended sampling, preferred terminology, and current grading/staging schemes for lesions.
College of American Pathologists Guidelines for Examination of the Placenta
The original (1997) consensus guidelines for gross and microscopic placental examination, including clinical indications for submission and reporting templates. Click here to download the guidelines.
SPP Slide Survey
- SPP Perinatal Symposia From Inception
- Perinatal Section Symposium, October 19, 2003 (Cincinnati, OH). Symposium on Preeclampsia Handout (Word Doc).
- Carl Hubel, PhD Dept OB/GYN and Reproductive Sciences University of Medicine Powerpoint.
Perinatal Section Symposium, September 23, 2001 (Memphis TN)
- Obstetrical Assessment of Fetal Well Being, Steven Bloom, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrical and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas. Notes: This is a PowerPoint presentation that might be best viewed in a recent version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
- Neurobiology of Acute Perinatal Asphyxia, Charles Palmer, M.B. Ch.B., Professor Department of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Neuropathology and Placental Pathology of Acute Perinatal Asphyxia, Marjore Grafe, M.D. Ph.D, Professor and Vice-Chairman of Education, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas.